Personal Injury

The purpose of this publication is to answer questions that many people have about personal injury claims and no-fault insurance benefits. We wrote this to help people be better informed about their rights when they have been injured. We have found that many people do not know as much as they would like to know about their basic rights when they have been hurt. We hope this helps by providing answers to common questions that arise following an accident.

This first part of the material deals with Personal Injury cases. The second section covers "No-Fault" insurance, a type of coverage that is unique to all car and some motorcycle insurance policies.* "No-fault" insurance benefits are frequently also called Personal Injury Protection benefits. These are benefits available to you because you own an insured automobile. If you use either term, PIP or no-fault, your insurance agent, claims adjuster and lawyer will know what you are talking about.





Question: Are PIP benefits anything like uninsured motorist coverage or underinsured motorist coverage?

Injuries from accidents occur in many different settings. Sometimes the injuries arise from an automobile or motorcycle accident, other times they may occur as the result of a dangerous condition on another person's property or perhaps from the use of a product which malfunctions or is improperly designed. In the worst of circumstances, injuries can result in the wrongful death of a person leaving behind surviving family members to deal with the emotional and financial losses caused by the wrongful death. If you would like to schedule a initial consultation contact an Kansas car / boat / semi accident attorney, representing clients in Junction City at McCullough, Wareheim & LaBunker, P.A. Give us a call at (785) 233-2362 or complete our inquiry form.


No. Uninsured motorist coverage is coverage that you have in addition to PIP. It covers you for injuries you receive from another vehicle that does not have insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage is a complex area of the law. You should consult with an attorney if you have been involved in an accident and the other party does not have insurance, or you believe that they do not have insurance. Underinsured motorist coverage is an offshoot of uninsured motorist coverage. Underinsured motorist coverage applies when the person who caused the accident has a policy with lower coverage limits than your policy. If that is the case, you may have additional rights against your insurance company that need to be evaluated. Again, this is also a very complex area of the law, and you should seek the advice of an attorney qualified in these types of cases.

On behalf of McCULLOUGH, WAREHEIM & LaBUNKER, P.A. we hope this material will be of benefit to you in answering your questions relative to wrongful death. Contact one of our slip fall injury lawyers representing clients in Junction City, Kansas (and throughout the State of Kansas) today to schedule your initial consultation.

Our Location

Our office is a block south of the Topeka Workforce Center on SW Topeka Blvd.


Contact Details

1507 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, KS 66612 Phone (785) 233-2362 Fax (785) 233-0430

Email Us!