Kansas State Capital
Back To Main Menu


What are the first things I should do if I am hurt?

A. The steps you should take when injured on the job are:

a) Let your employer know as quickly as possible that you think you have been hurt, and request that your employer notify his insurance company. You should be as specific as possible when giving notice.

Don't just tell the employer "I think I was hurt." Tell your employer when and where you were hurt, how the injury occurred and all of the body parts injured. Be sure to tell the employer each and every body part that you feel was hurt rather than just the main problem. If you only tell the employer about what you feel is seriously injured this may affect your ability to get treatment and compensation for conditions that were minor at first but worsened with time.

Be sure to notify the correct person of your accident. This could be your supervisor; however, if the employer has designated a specific person that is to receive notice, notifying your supervisor may not be enough. If in doubt, ask the supervisor or your Human Resources person if there is a specific person or procedure to give notice of a work related accident.

b) Seek medical attention being certain to tell the doctor how you got hurt. Ordinarily, you need to discuss the choice of doctor with your employer.
While the giving of notice to your union steward or shop foreman is a good idea, it does not qualify as giving notice to the employer.

If you would like to schedule a initial consultation contact an Kansas workers' compensation attorney, representing clients in Leawood at McCullough, Wareheim & LaBunker, P.A. Give us a call at (785) 233-2362 or complete our inquiry form.

Back To Main Menu
On behalf of McCULLOUGH, WAREHEIM & LaBUNKER, P.A. we hope this material will be of benefit to you in answering your questions relative to work-related injuries. This material is a part of an ongoing commitment by McCULLOUGH, WAREHEIM & LaBUNKER, P.A. to unions, their members, and injured workers in the State of Kansas.Contact one of our Kansas work injury lawyers representing clients in Leawood, Kansas (and throughout the State of Kansas) today to schedule your initial consultation."

security code
Enter Security Code:

  1507 SW Topeka Blvd
  Topeka, KS 66612
  Phone: (785) 233-2362
  Fax: (785) 233-0430
  Emai: info@mcwala.com

Topeka, Kansas Attorney practicing in primarily in Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability, Family Law & Personal Injury. Attorneys at McCullough, Wareheim & LaBunker, P.A. are dedicated to serving their clients in Kansas, including the cities of Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, Olathe, Topeka, Lawrence, Shawnee, Manhattan, Lenexa, Salina, Hutchinson, Leavenworth, Leawood, Dodge City, Garden City, Junction City, Emporia, Derby, Prairie Village, Liberal, Hays, Pittsburg and throughout the State of Kansas.
© MMXIV McCullough, Wareheim and LaBunker P.A. 1507 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka, KS 66612 Phone (785) 233-2362, Fax (785) 233-0430 Email: info@mcwala.com - Driving Instructions I Home l About I Attorneys l Contact l Practice Areas - Workers' Compensation / Social Security Disability / Personal Injury / Family Law - Kansas Work Injury Attorney Leawood Workers Compensation Work Comp Back Neck Brain Hand Fingers Shoulders Lawyer
Web Design By Jakobie
Home About MWL Contact McCullough, Wareheim & LaBunker Home Workers' Compensation Social Security Disability Personal Injury Family Law Our Attorneys